(21) Chiron, The Wounded Healer

I never quite understood why some astrologers refer to Chiron as "the wounded healer." Recently, though, a friend of mine, Tim, told me of a healing teachnique of which he had learned that he found most powerful. The technique is very simple: no matter what the problem is with the person being healed, the healer says to them: "I'm sorry! I love you."

It is a metaphysical truth that we all create our own reality. So if your mother, for instance, has a toothache, that toothache is a part of your reality, as is everything in the world. So if it is part of your reality, and you create your own reality, then at some level you must have created it. So tell the tooth you're sorry! And tell the tooth "I love you!"

To some of you this probably sounds crazy. My first reaction to it was, "hey, now you're going to say I created all suffering in the world? That its my fault? It's not my fault if your tooth hurts!"

But wait -- don't guilt trip yourself. And don't try to figure it out, or make sense of it. When you have a pain in your body, just tell it, over and over, "I'm sorry! I love you!" And try your best to mean it. I have found this to work many times, and when it didn't work I had the feeling that it was because I didnt'focus enough, do it enough, or that there was some other extenuating circumstance at work.

I think what saying these words does is acknowledge the fact that we're all in this together, that we all have shared responsibility for what is going on. We truly are all one. Every wound belongs to each and every one of us. This, I think, is the secret of the Wounded Healer. The message of Chiron is compassion, shared totally, completely, and without reserve.

Comments

Popular Posts